Nearly 50% of men say goodbye to their hair as the age goes up. It is mostly a condition, which comes with genetics. As the years progress, we can see that many men, especially in their fifties, face the problem called baldness. Hair transplantation, which is a method for to recover the missing hair, has come to the fore with offering personal solutions. With the correct and expert implementation of the applications, we can easily see very satisfactory results.
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation, as predicted, can be referred to as reintegration of the hairless parts of the head. Of course, this process is applied depending on certain conditions. Our experts decide the most suitable method for each individual. As a result of the examinations to be performed; hair structure, donor, hair analysis and planting area analyzes will present our road map in practice. This ensures that the hair transplantation results will be positive.
In actuality hair transplantation is simply transferring hair from outside sources. The hair follicles of healthy and suitable structure are determined and added by medical methods to the area where shedding occurs and new hair is not growing. This allows the person in question to avoid facing any risks or difficulties. It is extremely important to carry out the procedures in a completely sterile and professional environment.
What Are the Risks of Hair Transplantation?
The operation and the precautions to be taken after the application are important in terms of preventing any further complications. For this reason, we conduct the process in a completely sterile environment. Afterwards, we give you the rules to follow. Staying faithful to our guide ensures that you will not experience any problems. Therefore, the selection of the application center after the decision of hair transplantation is of great importance. We recommend that you choose the right health center to avoid any setbacks, undesirable consequences and complications.
What are Hair Transplantation Methods?
There are three different methods used when planting hair. FUE, FUT and lastly, DHI technique.
- In the FUE method known as Follicular Unit Extraction, your surgeon must have high manual dexterity. It is a method of removing follicles through a small opening by making circular cuts in the area of intact hair. This process continues until you reach a sufficient number to fill the area. Traces disappear over time. Thanks to this, it is a preferred method.
- FUT method, which is known as Follicular Unit Transplantation; a thin piece of skin is removed from the healthy area of the skull. The hair follicles in this mother are separated into a single unit with the help of a microscope. At the end of the procedure, the scalp is sutured and closed. In addition to being an economical technique, it is not preferred because there may be non-aesthetic marks under the short hair.
- We also offer you DHI as an alternative technique, which is known as Direct Hair Implantation. It is a fairly new and successful method. However, it should only be performed by a real surgeon. This method, also called Micro-FUE, uses punches with a diameter of 1 mm or smaller. The follicles in the donor area are removed one by one.
The hair follicles obtained in all methods have important considerations when planting. Angle, depth and direction determination can only be performed by those who are skilled in the art. This can be done by technicians.
How are hair transplantation prices determined?
There are several variables in determining transaction costs.
The size of the area to plant and the number of grafts are decisive factors. In addition, there are different factors that determine the costs. The preferability of the application area, location, being in big or small cities brings different costs. When we look at the country in general, it can be said that the comparison with the prices abroad is more appropriate.
There is a cleaning and maintenance process, which is mandatory for 2 or 3 months after the transaction cost. In short, in order to get a clear price, it is highly recommended that you come to our clinic and meet our experts face to face. This allows to determine exact quotes for you.
What are the stages of hair transplantation?
Planning; blood tests, determining the number of grafts to be planted weekly, determination of the hairline, and finalization of the result-oriented road map.
Anaesthesiologist’s View; this is the stage of making necessary interviews with anesthesiologists for those who may experience wound problems such as those with drug allergies, patients with cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
Local anesthesia; local anesthesia of the area to be taken and transplanted for preventing pain before the procedure. After the procedure, painkillers are provided.
Collection of grafts; this is the stage of collecting the grafts by performing the necessary procedures according to the selected method. An average of 1000 to 2000 roots are collected per hour.
Preparation of the Holes; drilling process made for the roots in the field is determined by drawing before the process. The number of holes to be carved, angles and other issues are made in the form of application.
Sowing the Roots; the last stage of the application is the cultivation of grafts. The received grafts are stored in a sterile and nutritious fluid. They are then placed in the planting area with the same care during the application.
Things to Consider After Hair Transplant Operation
• The hair transplantation area should be protected for 48 hours and its contact with water should be avoided.
• Use a hard, small pillow when sleeping at night. Contact of the planted roots with areas such as cover, bedside should be avoided.
• The use of the pool, bath, sauna, sports activities and hairdresser is prohibited for one week.
• After 15 days you can cut with scissors, 45 days later you can meet your hairdresser.
• 48 hours after the operation, the first wash will be done by your doctor and medical team.
• Do not use a hair dryer or towel after washing.
• Aspirin should be avoided for one week after administration. Likewise, it is forbidden to take other medicines with blood thinners.
• Smoking is prohibited during the operation and for one day after the operation. It is highly recommended to reduce smoking afterwards.
• Alcohol should not be consumed for an average of 1 month.
Why is ISHRS Important?
ISHRS, known as the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, aims to protect the health of people because the seriousness and complicatedness of the application. As the aesthetic operations become widespread and reduced to all areas, lack of regulations puts human health at serious risk. Therefore, it is an association aiming to protect public health by carrying out necessary audits on issues such as supervision of practices, suitability of centers, and competence of experts.
Thanks to the regular and rigorous audits of this association, people are positively changing their approach to institutions. Without fear of application, they do practice in the clinic knowing that they will not impair their health. This participation ensures that the results will be positive.