The FUE technique has been widely used in hair transplantation since 2004. At first, steel-tipped blades were being used in the methods of opening the hair holes. These blades, which became blunted over time, were observed to prolong the healing process by causing further deformation in the operation area. After searching for alternative products, Sapphire Blade products were developed. This FUE method was called a revolution in drilling holes. Instead of normal blades, ducts angled operations started with sapphire tipped blades.
What is Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant?
Sapphire is a special gemstone with its strong, sharp and smooth structure contained in the earth. Sapphire blade FUE technique is applied by using specially processed sapphire blades to open the hair holes. These special products used in the drilling process, which is the most important stage of the FUE method, became popular in a short time with their advantages. Our clinic had long decided to use these products in FUE method and it has been used for many years. This provided benefits such as shortening the healing processes and increasing the number of treated patients who had shown satisfaction.
The efficiency of the treatment has led to widespread use of the instrument. Why are the results more effective compared to steel blades? The main reason for this is the smooth structure and hardness of sapphire. This product, which is difficult to wear down, carves holes on the skin more effective, less damaging and is smaller. Due to the fact that it provides all the advantages for the drilling process, which is the most important stage of hair transplantation, the results are also ensured to be perfect.
Researches show that the advantages of using Sapphire blades in operation over other tools are:
- 10-15% faster hair growth,
- 30% denser hair population,
- A more natural look,
- Faster healing due to the fact that the holes in the skin are smaller,
- Less frequent occurrence of edema had been observed.
What Are the Stages of FUE Method?
The much-preferred FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) treatment is applied in three steps.
- In the first stage, which lasts up to an hour, the hair in the nape is shaved. The reason for this is that the hair must be 0.3 mm long in order to be taken with the roots in a comfortable way. The area where the roots will be taken is anesthetized with local anesthesia to prevent the patient from feeling pain.
- The second stage, which lasts about 3 hours, is the process of removing the hair with its roots. This process is done with punches of 0.8 or 1 mm. The hair is taken by 100 pieces into a sterile and nutritious solution. This prevents the loss of hair quality.
- In the third stage, determination process of the area to be transplanted begins. The front hairline is drawn as previously planned. Local anesthesia is applied against the pain in the area to be sown. Hair roots are analyzed and their diameters and depths are examined. Holes for roots are opened in the prepared area. Drilling process is the most important part of the stage. Here, the shape of the hair, angle, depth should be given great importance. The hair is planted in the opened holes and then the process ends.
The Advantages of Using Sapphire Blade in FUE
- When compared to the classic FUE method, sapphire blades offer reduced vibration during the carving process. Which, in turn, helps to reduce the trauma and damage to the skin.
- Sapphire blades offers more intensive graft plantation thanks to their fine structure and their ability to carve small holes. Planting 40-45 roots per square centimeter provides more intense hair.
- Provides successful results even in people with advanced hair losses.
- Helps patients to have a more comfortable post-operation recovery period.
- Eliminates the chance of dislocating roots after planting the grafts, thanks to the drilled holes being minuscule in size.
- A significant rise in quality is observed when FUE is applied with sapphire blades regarding the obtained results and the equipment used, compared to other methods.
- When compared to old generation steel blades, the recovery process is faster and flawless, owing to the fact the sapphire’s ability to keep its edges sharp and to avoid damaging the skin tissue.
- Sapphire blades allows the operation on people who are allergic to metal.
All these evaluations and analyzes showed that the Sapphire FUE technique, which is also applied in our clinic, provides multiple advantages to our patients. Therefore, it is the most frequently applied and preferred method in our clinic.